Welcome to the official website of DBs for Diabetes. Thank you all for joining us for our third year! Here are a few words from our event organizer, Cody Allard, regarding this year’s event and our future plans:
I would like to start out by thanking all of our supporters, sponsors, and volunteers for continuing to elevate this event to new heights that surpass any goal I set for this show.
Thank you to the following:
- Team Hard Wangin’ and Josh Mertzig from RPM Speed and Custom for donating funding for awards and/or awards themselves.
- The Ours family for donating the money to fund the sanctioning fees and help keep this a 3x DB Drag event.
- Dave and Lindy Hull who have once again donated the food.
- Mark Burdick who has been instrumental in helping us with website creation, hosting, and updating, and for being the official photographer of this year’s event!
- Jeremy Weber and Eric Frey for judging their perspective organizations and keeping everything running extremely smooth.
- Everyone who donated to this year’s raffle:
- Geoff Cayemberg – Project DB
- Achilli Ruffolo – Ruff Creationz
- Jeff Smith – Droppin’ HZ
- Mario Ricci – SPL Cartel
- Tony’s Pizza
- Waupun Napa
- Jeremy Weber – Sound Mekanix
- Diane and Wayne Luedtke
- Willy Hinz
- Mike Singer – Singer Alternators
- Terry Hazelton – Hazelton Sound
- Jacob Morris – Got 160’s Demo Muzik
- Jim Bates
- Nate Dieter
- Homan Auto of Waupun
- Everyone who volunteered their time to help me make this year’s event happen. From set up to clean up. My wife Danielle, Dave and Lindy Hull, Pam Vankirk, Mackenzie and Matt Zorn, Rhonda and Cassidy Pluim, and Willy Hinz.
Because of all of these supporters and sponsors, along with all the participants, I’m extremely excited to say that the 2017 DBs For Diabetes event has once again blown away previous years fundraising records. I’m proud to announce that this year’s event has raised over $7,600. This is almost $2000 more than we were able to donate last year!
Now, where do we go from here? As I’ve said, this show is a year-round process. Here’s what we’ve got planned:
- I have already been in talks in bringing SQ back (looking at making this a 2x event).
- If funding allows, DB Drag and Bass Race will continue to be a 3x event and we are also in talks about bringing in IDBL.
- We are looking at adding a car show, same day, and we will be in talks with the city shortly about the possibility of have the street shut down to allow us even more space to grow.
Thank you all for making this possible! I am truly humbled and amazed at how much we grow every year and how quickly this is becoming THE event to be at. Stay tuned for more announcements as there are even more things in the works behind the scenes.
Here’s to looking forward to once again making next year even bigger and even better.
Cody Allard (Event Organizer)